Actions speak louder than words—that’s why Key City Rotary Club is driven to deliver smiles and service throughout our community.
Key City Rotary Club believes in the power of service to make a positive impact in our community. Through our diverse range of service projects, we strive to address various needs and contribute towards the betterment of society. Join us in our mission to create lasting change and build a brighter future for all!
Here are some of the focuses our Club seeks to serve:
- Community Outreach: We organize regular community outreach programs that focus on providing essential resources and support to underserved populations. Whether it’s organizing food drives, distributing clothing and hygiene kits, or offering mentorship programs, we are committed to improving the lives of individuals and families in need.
- Environmental Conservation: We understand the importance of preserving and protecting our environment. Our environmental conservation projects aim to raise awareness about sustainability and implement practical solutions. From tree-planting initiatives to beach clean-ups, we actively engage in activities that promote a greener and cleaner community.
- Education Initiatives: Education is the cornerstone of progress and empowerment. Through our education initiatives, we aim to enhance access to quality education for all. We provide scholarships, mentorship programs, and learning resources to empower students to achieve their full potential. Additionally, we collaborate with local schools to support educational infrastructure development.
- Health and Wellness: We prioritize the health and well-being of our community members. Our health-focused service projects include organizing medical camps, promoting vaccination drives, and conducting awareness campaigns on prevalent health issues. We also partner with healthcare providers and organizations to offer free health screenings and promote healthy lifestyles.
- Disaster Relief: In times of crisis, we stand united to provide assistance and relief to affected communities. Our disaster relief projects involve mobilizing resources, coordinating volunteers, and offering aid to those affected by natural disasters, such as hurricanes, floods, or earthquakes. By providing immediate relief and long-term support, we aim to help communities rebuild and recover.
Joining Key City offers you the opportunity to be part of these impactful service projects. By volunteering your time, skills, and resources, you can contribute to the betterment of our community and make a meaningful difference in the lives of others. Together, we can build a stronger, more compassionate society.
To get involved or learn more about our service projects, please contact us. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and skill sets who are passionate about service and making a positive impact.
Butterfly Ridge Partnership
Key City Rotary and Butterfly Ridge Elementary are working together to find ways for the club to support one of the newer elementary schools in the county. In the spring the club collected diapers at a lunch meeting for a drive thru diaper distribution event at Butterfly Ridge in collaboration with the Judy Center in May. On Oct 30th several Key City Rotarians participated in the Trunk or Treat event at Butterfly Ridge Elementary. Kevin Weis Community School Coordinator at Butterfly Ridge and Club Service Chair Breann Day have a monthly meeting on the schedule to discuss opportunities to further collaborate and best support the students!
September 2023 Garden Clean up and Maintenance at the Arc
On Monday September 25th a group of Key City Rotarians and some family members volunteered to “take care of our home” as President John called it. Our club meets at the Arc of Market on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of most months for a lunch meeting and program. Per their Website “The Arc of Frederick County provides individually designed support services and collaborates with the community to build inclusive programs for adults and children with developmental disabilities. Founded by parents in 1958 because community programs for children and adults with disabilities did not exist, The Arc continues to provide advocacy efforts and the creation of new services for families today. The Arc of Frederick County supports more than 600 people each year.” Chef Scott, Culinary Program Manager, runs the job training program teaching skills in baking and catering and provides our lunch for our meetings. They have a garden area that they cultivate for growing fruits and vegetables for the meals. We filled 23 Lawn Bags with weeds from the gardens (thank you Nanette for making sure we only pulled the weeds), got a fence back upright and had some stellar window washers! Lori brought her son Michael, Shauna had her daughter Ellie, Ashley had her daughter Jane and her parents in tow! Chef Scott happened to be hosting a pizza making class and provided us a delicious lunch. Scott and Shauna took the time while we ate to share how they use the grounds and some of the programs they offer in addition to hosting events at the The ARC of Frederick County they also do food sales of the amazing things they make! https://marciasbakery.com